Sunday, June 22, 2008

Is Teresa Jeffs just a Smoke Screen?

There, I went and said it. I used her name. I promise that I will take it down if her family contacts me and says "take it down." (UPDATE: Brooke Adams and the Salt Lake Tribune just named her at 9:22pm MDT) I sincerely believe this is just a publicity stunt on the part of the CPS and their allies. Teresa will not testify to anything that will help them. It is not necessary for Willie Jessop to intimidate her for her testimony to favor the FLDS. So why would they do it then? Is Texas THAT stupid? I contend that they are not. I'll start at the end of the Deseret News article;

"'It is my own dear feelings and doings. Right now I am just at home, sitting on my bed. Does it sound like I have dissappeared (sic)? To tell you the truth, I havn't (sic) tried very hard at all to dodge this subpoena. Of course I am not just going to go running for it! I know how to think for myself, if you can believe it!' she wrote. 'This is how I feel and I just thought I would let you know.'"


I have no doubt these are Teresa Jeffs sincere opinions and I have little doubt that Judge Walthers knows that and the Attorney ad Litem (Malonis) knows it as well. So why do it?

One reason is to create the headlines that it does, and which few people read past. First came the rumor mill naming Willie an "enforcer" and "intimidator" or "King Willie the Thug." Then comes this order over a girl that will not testify in favor of the CPS, and they get to have headlines like "Judge's order shields FLDS girl from harassment," in the San Antonio Express-News and "Sect chief's daughter seeks order against FLDS official" in the Houston Chronicle. You have to admit from the stand point of headlines and their PR value going into a dead dry news weekend for the FLDS Fiasco, it's a pretty good move.

Cynical? Yes? Immoral? Certainly. Effective? Quite.

The Texas CPS and Judge Walthers have slipped right back into the rumor mill but now are using restraining orders to falsify the news. Even Ben Winslow the reporter at the Deseret News treats the email alledgedly from Teresa with suspicion and goes through the protocol of not using her name. Teresa also says;

"'Oh, Natalie, please don't make this case harder,' the e-mail says. 'Shut your mouth up and quit calling me a victim of sexual abuse. I am so sick of being called that when I am absolutely not a victim of sexual abuse and you have no evidence to prove that I have ever had sexual relations. The most help you will be to me now is for you to step aside and let me get a different lawyer that I feel like can help me.'"


Early in this conflict, about the time Rod Parker DARED Texas to come up with a "pregnant underage girl" I made the choice to believe the FLDS whenever there was a conflict of fact between them and the Texas CPS. Why? I am on record as not approving of the FLDS religion and seeing it as a perversion of the True Christian Faith but there was one thing that was CERTAIN about the proceedings up to that point. The FLDS did not LIE. CPS was regularly being proven to have lied. In using the FLDS/Truth CPS/Lie model I have NEVER been dissapointed. I go by experience. The FLDS whatever else they are, are not liars. Thus I BELIEVE this to be a genuine unforced letter from Teresa Jeffs. I don't think Judge Walthers disbelieves it either.

So Judge Walthers has succeeded in painting Willie as a horrible disgusting ogre right before the Grand Jury proceedings. He will be watched like a hawk if he shows up, if he coughs there will be a big show of dragging him out of the court room. It's all a show for the media. It's also an eleventh hour distraction not unlike the "Raid, part Duex" in which CPS officials went back to the ranch right before the Order was issued to return the children, seeking more children. Their case was collapsing and they sought to disrupt the FLDS logistically and it worked. People poured out of the courthouse in San Angelo in panic because they thought it was happening all over again. The article starts this way, without mentioning Teresa's name;

"16-year-old (Teresa Jeffs, who is) at the center of a legal fight has finally been subpoenaed to testify before a Texas grand jury investigating members of the Fundamentalist LDS Church.

The girl's mother was given a subpoena on Saturday, the girl's court-appointed attorney told the Deseret News. It orders the girl to show up this week to testify in Eldorado before a grand jury considering criminal charges stemming from the raid on the FLDS Church's YFZ Ranch."

It proves two things. That the CPS is completely willing to use and abuse those who it says it is there to protect, and that the flight risk is none at all. They knew RIGHT where to find her. They also regard her mother as her agent, because they served her. Texas will drag this girl into court and traumatize her or traumatize her by actually forcing her to take the stand and answer invasive questions and paint her as a slut before the whole world.

A virgin. At 16. Persecuted for not having sex and being married underage. This is for you Teresa;

Proverbs 31:10: "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."

You are that woman.

Barbara. You should be ashamed of yourself. Torturing a child to get to her father and to her friends. Cynically using her to tar the reputation of your enemies. You Jezebel. Athaliah.

UPDATE: If you want some amusement and don't mind kicking up his stat counter, go visit the blogger (Texas Blues Man) over at "Coram Non Judice" and watch him get his blues kicked.



Sphere: Related Content

No comments: