Friday, June 27, 2008

Heads start to roll, Cockerell Resigns

I told you (on June 4th), when I found out Perry was keeping up, BUT NOT BY EMAIL, that people below him would go. Cockerell resigns. The buck stops a few rungs lower than the Governor.

The Salt Lake Tribune Posted: 1:25 PM- AUSTIN, Texas - "The head of the Texas agency behind the seizure of more than 400 children from a polygamist group announced Friday that he is retiring.
The news release announcing Carey Cockerell's retirement as commissioner of the Department of Family and Protective Services offered no reason for his departure, but he said in the announcement that he had been thinking about stepping down since late last year.
'I'll soon be a grandfather and I'm looking forward to a lot of quality time with my family after four decades of working in state and local programs,' said Cockerell, 61."


Oh yeah, spend more time with the family. If I were the Grand Jury, I'd forget about meeting again. I'm on the road, so I'm hardly following this closely, but, there it is.


Sphere: Related Content

No comments: