Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fundies Fear Polygamy more than Gay Marriage

Dr. Andrew Selle (et al) before the Vermont Legislature in 2009.
Covenant Orthodox Presbyterian Church, the sole OPC representative for Vermont, sent an ordained pastor and Ruling Elder to the floor of the Vermont Legislature to testify. He's echoing the "What's Next, POLYGAMY!?" sentiment among conservative Christians all across the country. I thought this was germane since the matter is now before our Supreme Court and the plural friendly Christians of this world are content to let gays and fouled up fundies argue the matter.






Whatever result we get, I'm sure it's not going to help us. They would have had a hard time with King David in the congregation. The way these theological pillars of wisdom talk, they'd have allied with the gays to burn ole Dave and I at the stake, prior to granting the right to civil unions to the homosexuals of this country.

To my plural sympathetic friends: Don't come crying to me when the result (either today or in the future) contains unintended consequences that interfere with your "lifestyle."


Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Hugh McBryde said...

One of the most unfortunate aspects of the internet is it's impermanence. The video of Dr. Selle's rant, including the spitting out of the phrase, "What's next, POLYGAMY?" is now lost. I'm sure someone has it somewhere, but it's no longer available. I'll search for it and see if it can be found elsewhere, but I rather doubt it's still available.