Friday, June 25, 2010

The Last of the Mohicans?

Some days are like being Elijah, in the cave.
From Free the FLDS Children:
"As some of you have already noticed, I have ceased to moderate the FLDS.WS website blog. That decision was not made lightly, and it is with deep sadness that I found this necessary, chiefly because during the past two years I have come to know and greatly respect all of you.

This is especially true of the children and parents of the FLDS. You are, without a doubt in my mind, some of the strongest group of people’s I have ever met and I proudly count you among my friends.

With or without my voice on the website, I will continue to support and defend your right to practice your religion as a fundamentalist Mormon.

I will also continue to support and assist those who need my help, notwithstanding my decision to withdraw from the site on a regular basis.

Take care of the 'Little Angels' and give them a hug from me,

'Grandpa Bill' "
It would seem Bill Medvecky has at least gone into "Semi Retirement."

Not me, not now, I'm still here. I imagine that we will hear from Bill once in a while.

Of necessity covering the FLDS moves more and more to the back burner. This blog did not come into being to champion the FLDS, and it will stay, or some form of expression will stay here (God Willing) for that reason and others. There are several rather momentous brewing developments that I will let you know about, as they materialize, providing they do.

I want to cover politics a bit more, especially in view of the upcoming election, and I've hinted at that several times.

I'm done moving. (I won't say WHERE to, only that I had to go back to Montana to GET my RV).

I've got a Job. (I'm not going to say where either).

Moving the FLDS to the back burner is not an abandonment of the FLDS. There are less and less FLDS men to try for one thing, and at some point Texas will run out of them. More and more the FLDS fight will center on appeal, the extradition (possible) of Warren Jeffs from Utah to Texas and Warren's seeming certain and eventual victory over his conviction in Utah.

I will cover these things avidly and keep you as up to date as I can.


Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I guess it worked out perfectly, for if you are Elijah, then am I Elisha? LOL. I just did an article earlier today on my blog (http://mrscottyl.blogspot.com) about the FLDS, Wikipedia, and the Pedophiles editing Wikipedia now. If you are putting the torch down temporarily, I will be glad to pick it up from you.

Scott

Hugh McBryde said...

Oh, I'm not stopping, I just expect the news to be less and less. There's a trial next month, but that's three weeks away, then nothing in August and it resumes again with a few trials in the fall.

Warren's case could heat up any minute now, but I expect it will be rather quiet for a bit, and as you see, Bill Medvecky has just backed off a bunch. I'm not planning to back off, but what is there to say at the moment?

Unknown said...

Not much to say at this moment. All that sucking sound over at Wikipedia is pretty telling right now. Halleluyah for the new job and home. May you be blessed as you being again.