Sunday, August 09, 2009

Marty Braemer? He can't shut up.

I'm telling you, I'd go work a soup kitchen or something. No one would want to know what I thought again.
But this man musta made a fist fulla loot as a pastor.
"It's Sunday night and in 12 hrs my wife and I will board a plane back to New York to spend the week packing up our house, our kids, and our lives to move away from home and our comfort zones.

We spent a week house hunting, job hunting, being counseled, and walking together at night (something we have not done in years). We attended a SS class today where the teacher is using Jim Binney's book The Ministry of Marriage as the curriculum.

We enrolled our kids in school. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the tuition.

Pray for us. For the first time in my life I am scared and excited at the same. I am waaaaaaaaay out of my comfort zone.

God has proven His goodness and faithfulness in the midst of my failure.

On the humorous side... our pastor is a Calvinist."
He's complaining about private school tuition. Marty? How about the air fare? That too much? Greens fees? Outrageous? Out of your comfort zone?

Penitent men do not come back and whine about the challenge their luxuries present in life.


Sphere: Related Content

No comments: