Friday, August 22, 2008

The Real Obscenity

This, speaks for itself. Is this not child abuse?

The Salt Lake Tribune - The video, taken by a relative, shows the girl clinging to her mother, sobbing, in a vehicle parked outside a state building. Two CPS workers hovered beyond the open passenger door and a handful of Texas Rangers were nearby.

"Mother, mother, please don't let me go," she cried. "Mother, mother, don't let them take me. They're not nice."

The girl balked when a caseworker said she needed to get out of the vehicle.

"I'm not getting out until you tell my mother where I'm going," she said. And then: "How can I leave my mother? How long will this be?"

Her mother and sisters eventually hugged her goodbye inside the building as two brothers looked on.

"I told her to hang in there, the Lord will help her through it and we'll be praying for her," said brother Samuel, 17, who spent two months in state care at a boys' ranch this spring. "The thought of leaving her there with nobody she knew was about all I could handle."

His sister's return to foster care is more difficult to take, he said, because the first time the children "were together. She's not. She's by herself."


Sphere: Related Content

No comments: