Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Warren's Extradition hearing vacated

What's that I hear?
Is that the sound of an extradition turning into a rendition, or into NOTHING?
The Atlanta Journal Constitution - "Jeffs had been scheduled to appear in Utah's 3rd District Court on Tuesday so a judge could ask him to sign a warrant seeking his extradition to Texas, but the hearing was canceled after the Supreme Court's ruling."
The Atlanta paper's article is the best one so far, that I have found, in terms of being complete.


Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

I_hate_bigots said...

I think this might just be paperwork - the warrant might have claimed he was convicted.

I think it will be a game with UT and TX as who will be the one to issue the ruling which allows him to walk out of the jail.

My guess is UT will let him go to Texas without dropping the case.

Of course as we all know, the Texas appeals court will overturn any conviction. Right before Texas issues the opinion, UT will drop the case - so Texas will be the one to free him.

By the time this happens the UT AG and others will have found other well paying jobs.

Dale said...

Yeah, Mark Shurtleff (and Blues) are out there saying thank goodness for Texas. I wonder if anybody has told them yet. ;-)

Hugh McBryde said...

I'm an ignorant in this arena, trying to get better at it IHB. My understanding though is that it's NOT an extradition, it's a "rendition."

"Renditions" are not mandatory like extraditions. Warren is an innocent man in a Utah jail being held for possible trial.

They might try a Habeas Corpus to pry him loose and they might win, (the FLDS that is).