Monday, June 01, 2009

FLDS pays up

I follow but don't remark on the trust dispute in Hildale and Colorado City (Short Creek). It's not because I don't care about the issue. I view it as part of the "assault on all fronts" policy that various state and federal agencies have brought against the FLDS to destroy them.
KPVI-Salt Lake City (AP) - "A southern Utah-based polygamous group is meeting a judge's demand to pay $192,600 in past due fees on houses held in a court-controlled church trust.

The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints says it made the payment Monday afternoon. The sum is half of what is owed for six months of occupancy fees on homes in Hildale, Utah, and Colorado City, Ariz."
So they dodge a bullet. Good for them. I'm sure there are a lot of disappointed enemies. It's hard to comment on the issue because I expect this sort of relentless hammering and assessment of expense. Who's bleeding who?


Sphere: Related Content

No comments: