Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Pharisee's Hearing Prediction

There's going to be one. In Texas.
The San Angelo Standard-Times - "Late (this) afternoon, 51st District Judge Barbara Walther recessed a preliminary hearing and is expected to rule (Tomorrow) morning whether there will be a hearing to suppress the evidence."
It's by no means certain, but reports coming out of the courtroom point to an angry, irritated Judge Walther. People react with anger when they are afraid and cornered so why would a Judge feel angry and cornered? Because she's going to have to do something she doesn't want to do.

I'm going to say I'm over 50% on this prediction. Remember, it's political. If Walther doesn't have the hearing, it will come back to haunt her after Arizona does. Remember, Matt Smith said they would have a hearing in Arizona, if there wasn't a ruling to exclude in Texas.

The problem is that a hearing is not entirely predictable. Walther doesn't know what the witnesses will say. Her problem is that a hearing may well produce testimony that makes exclusion necessary.

If I'm wrong, certain folks will claim I boldly stepped out and said definitely that there would be a hearing. I didn't. I said I was over 50%. I will say this, if Walther doesn't rule for the hearing, she stands to be embarrassed again, and she's been embarrassed once before. She's also got Arizona's gun to her head.


Sphere: Related Content

No comments: