Friday, January 23, 2009

Brokeback Gay Marriage Bill in Wyoming

It may surprise you to know, that I don't think the Bible's focus, is on the family, so when Christian groups run around lauding the merits of Religion with respect to the family like Pinhead James Dobson does
, I'm not impressed.

Here they go again in Wyoming this time, but what's significant is where the Battleground is.

The Gazette - "(Focus on the Family) is trying to drum up support for Senate Joint Resolution 2. The measure would let Wyoming voters decide whether to amend the state constitution to specify that the state won't recognize same-sex marriages performed elsewhere.

Wyoming already has a law in place that says only marriages between a man and a woman may be conducted in the state. However, the state is currently bound to recognize marriages performed in other states, some of which allow same-sex marriages and civil unions."


This is a heterosexual monogamy only bill, and you know how I "feel" about that.

" 'We want to see marriages protected,' (Sonja) Swiatkiewicz said, adding (Focus on the Family) believes that marriages between men and women are the best foundation for society and provide the best environment for raising children."


And I agree, however I don't think (ideally) government should even be in the business of marriage, and "Focus" hasn't the slightest clue what the definition of marriage is, making their talk of "the best foundation" a little scary to me.


Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Nonickname said...

James Dobson gave up on Biblical interpretation a long time ago. The focus is where Mr. Dobson says it should be and there are too many in this country who don't question that.

Hugh McBryde said...

How do you define marriage then?

Nonickname said...

Personally, I define marriage as being between one man and one woman, standard, Biblical definition. I seem to know too many people in my life who assume that I am a fan of James Dobson because I am a christian and I am not a fan.