Thursday, January 08, 2009

Firsts, again.

I am a bit shocked, a number of "firsts," continue to happen. Let me lead of by stating another thing, for the first time.

Thank you all, everyone who reads this blog.

I hadn't expected to be mentioning "firsts" so soon this year, but as measured by "Analytics" (a Google Blogger tool) The Modern Pharisee took a quantum leap in daily hits this week, I now hover around three hundred daily "hits." They're real readers too, as "Alexa" measures my page use rate now at nearly 2 per visit. Since I do a lousy job of boosting page usage (I don't know how to create a "below the fold" effect for my posts) this also is quite instructive. People are coming to the site for the first time, and they're reading it. Not just one entry, but several.

I got my first formal request from someone I don't know already, to add their blog to my blogroll. I blushed. I was tempted to send flattering pictures of myself and say I liked long walks on the beach.

I got my first hit from the Maldives.

"The Maldives is the smallest Asian country in terms of both population and area; it is the smallest predominantly Muslim nation in the world. It is also the country with the lowest highest point in the world."


Perhaps I have achieved that, I am now the "highest low point" in the blogosphere? Getting myself into the top 100,000 in Alexa rankings might be the next vain self centered goal I could set. My wife thinks it should be getting paid for this. I'll go by a winning lotto ticket, and donate it to the blog. Hehehehehehe... Anyone know the winning lotto number?

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: