Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Musing on the Raid, Redux.

Over at "Save the FLDS Children" there is a "Raid, Part Deux" watch going on at the moment. I don't know how reliable their information is but there are claims that there are media trucks and police outside the Ranch and rumors that the police are trying to shoo the media away.

I neglected to make this observation earlier when I learned of the second warrantless attempted raid this afternoon, but what is the basis of this second raid, if it occurs? The "Eyewitness" that said there were "children on the ranch" means exactly what?

Has CPS shown at any point that the children are in danger on the ranch? No, not once. So if indeed there is a second raid, not just a second attempted raid, what is the basis? Indeed what was the basis for the warrantless attempt earlier?

I understand that whether I like it or not the child custody issue going on right now is civil. But since there is no crime in having children, if indeed there are children on the FLDS ranch right now, what business is it of the Texas CPS?

UPDATE, from the Deseret News;

"About 5 p.m. Mountain time (7 p.m. Eastern), two Child Protective Services workers and two Schleicher County sheriff's deputies returned to the gates outside the ranch and spoke with (Willie) Jessop. One law enforcment officer was seen wagging her finger emphatically at Jessop, who looked visibly upset."


THEN GET A WARRANT YOU MORON. If I were Willie I wouldn't let you in, whether I had done anything or not. I'm sorry but recent history wouldn't make me submit to voluntary searches that will be grossly misrepresented to the rest of the world.

The AP via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram gives us more;

"FLDS elder Willie Jessop said he wasn't certain whether children were on the 1,700-acre ranch. He added that if there were, they would have arrived with parents who came to comfort relatives after the April raid, which was conducted with a search warrant."


And;

"'If they have an honest complaint, we'll be honest, but we were lied to,' said Willie Jessop, noting that authorities have never produced the alleged teenage girl whose allegations of abuse led to the raid and the removal of all sect children."


I guess Willie DOES feel the same way about it that I do.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: