Thursday, May 08, 2008

Law is Vague in FLDS Case, says Ken Driggs.

I have two rather florid posts I have not published yet that claim I have been wrong on major points. Honestly, I haven't been able to get an answer yet, one way or the other, and this may be why;

The Austin American-Statesman-"Ken Driggs, an Atlanta lawyer who is an expert on the FLDS and the legal history of polygamy, said any prosecution of FLDS members for multiple marriages would be difficult because of the law's vagueness, questions of jurisdiction and the community's refusal to testify in previous instances.

'They have a tricky case in front of them,' Driggs said."

You know, I'm NOT a lawyer, and I've been hollerin' just exactly that. Vague law. Jurisdiction, no friendly witnesses. Told ya.


Sphere: Related Content

No comments: